Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Ant Situation

It's spring and we have a creatively built addition on our century home (believe me, we want to redo it). Not suprisingly, we suffered an ant infestation. What seemed like hundreds of ants were busy scurrying back and forth between the newly laid kitchen tiles that were waiting to be grouted. Because they were below regular surface level, they avoided any and all traps that we put down.

Lovely.

Now, while I've finally adopted a "live and let live" philosophy regarding the random spiders and the occasional ant and such that find their way into my home, this was waaaay too much. But I have a preschooler and two cats and needed a way to "safely" get rid of the ants without antagonizing the wanted living creatures in my home. I was unwilling to use most of the commercial insecticides but didn't think I had another option.

That's when we turned to a sample we had recieved at a trade show. Manufactured by EcoSMART, this commercial crawling insect killer works within the National Organic Program guidelines. According to their labels and websites, I could use it while child and pets were around. And, the two active ingredients are rosemary oil and cinnamon oil. Still, I was a bit skeptical.

Needless to say, my scepticism was unwarranted. The spray worked like a dream; ants were gone within the hour and haven't been back. Everyone was able to stay home. And best of all, my house smelled wonderful; I was even asked what air freshener I was using!

We're now able to carry the EcoSMART Commercial Crawling Insect Killer, EcoSmart Commercial Flying Insect Killer and the EcoSmart Commercial Wasp Killer. Check them out!

Thank you for reading!

Dave, Ellen, Eric and Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment